Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A baked risotto that can be made ahead. Serve with grilled pork or fish. Simple and impressive.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup white vermouth
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- salt & pepper
- Zest the lemon and put aside.
- Juice the lemon.
- Heat oil in medium size pot.
- In another pot heat to a simmer the chicken stock.
- Add rice to oil and sauté 2 minutes. Add white vermouth. Stir till absorbed.
- Add lemon juice and continue to stir till absorbed.
- Add chicken stock one ladle at a time till absorbed into rice. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Taste for texture.
- Add rosemary and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Remove from heat and add egg,cream, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into a quiche dish and top with parmesan and breadcrumb mixture.
- May be refrigerated at this point.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- **Grease pan.