Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
An adaptation of the Pillsbury Bakeoff's cream cheese and white chocolate pie with a tart lemon topping, but with an easy microwave preparation. Use no less than a 9" cooked dough or graham cracker crust to accommodate the filling. Also, use the best quality lemon curd you can find or prepare your own. Give yourself time for the cream cheese to soften or the mixture will become grainy. Chill time not included. Note: If using the graham cracker crust to gain a more crisp texture I highly recommend to bake the crust about 5-10 minutes. I like Realtor's suggestion of a Vanilla Wafer crust. Also, see her easy and eggless recipe for Lemon curd The Realtor's Easy Lemon Curd (Lemon Filling).
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked and cooled (or 9-inch Graham Cracker Crust)
- 2 cups purchased lemon curd (or homemade)
- 1 1⁄3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the lemon curd with the white chocolate chips. Microwave on 30% power for 2 minutes, remove and stir. Continue microwaving on 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Do not overheat or the chips will stiffen.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy and light. Gradually beat in white chocolate chip mixture until fluffy and smooth. Spread in bottom of prepared and cooled pie crust.
- Spoon and spread remaining lemon curd over the cream cheese filling. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours until set.
This turned out wonderful. I used a homemade lemon curd (actually mine was a fake lemon curb made with zucchini....the recipe is on food.com) and added the curd after the pie was chilled.
We loved this pie - needed something in a pinch and this was perfect. No baking and if you make it early in the morning, it's ready by lunchtime. Everyone loved it at Christmas :) Thanks for posting.
OMG! This is the best lemon pie ever! My DH and my little girl LOVED this. It was such a big hit with them. It's smooth, creamy and delicious. It was also really, really easy to make. I used a store bought nilla wafer crust and I also made my own lemon curd with my recipe recipe #429423. I let my filling chill for 1 1/2 hours before topping it with the lemon curd layer. I had no problem at all spreading it over top. Thanks, GailAnn for another keeper.