Recipe by gailanng
An adaptation of the Pillsbury Bakeoff's cream cheese and white chocolate pie with a tart lemon topping, but with an easy microwave preparation. Use no less than a 9" cooked dough or graham cracker crust to accommodate the filling. Also, use the best quality lemon curd you can find or prepare your own. Give yourself time for the cream cheese to soften or the mixture will become grainy. Chill time not included. Note: If using the graham cracker crust to gain a more crisp texture I highly recommend to bake the crust about 5-10 minutes. I like Realtor's suggestion of a Vanilla Wafer crust. Also, see her easy and eggless recipe for Lemon curd The Realtor's Easy Lemon Curd (Lemon Filling).
Top Review by mary winecoff
This turned out wonderful. I used a homemade lemon curd (actually mine was a fake lemon curb made with zucchini....the recipe is on food.com) and added the curd after the pie was chilled.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked and cooled (or 9-inch Graham Cracker Crust)
- 2 cups purchased lemon curd (or homemade)
- 1 1⁄3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the lemon curd with the white chocolate chips. Microwave on 30% power for 2 minutes, remove and stir. Continue microwaving on 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Do not overheat or the chips will stiffen.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy and light. Gradually beat in white chocolate chip mixture until fluffy and smooth. Spread in bottom of prepared and cooled pie crust.
- Spoon and spread remaining lemon curd over the cream cheese filling. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours until set.