Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This trout dish has a wonderful lemony almond taste. It goes together real quick. Use fresh trout filets if possible. Delicious!
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle trout with salt and pepper.
- Dust the fish filets in the flour.
- Heat the olive oil and butter on medium high heat.
- Add fish filets and cook until light brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to heat and add 1 T butter.
- Add the almonds and saute, then add the fresh lemon juice.
- Heat it through, then spoon over the fish filets.
- Serve with additional lemon wedges.
Excellent! We had fresh-caught lake trout fillets and were looking for a recipe that would keep the fresh flavor. Tried this recipe and I must say that it was the best trout I ever ate! Easy to prepare--only wish I had cooked more!
This was very good, simple and fresh tasting. It brought out the delicate taste of the trout, rather than overpower it. I cooked the fillets just on the flesh side, and they were nicely browned. Thank you for a delicious recipe.