1/3 Photos of Lemon Tray Bake
This tray bake is based on the tray bake recipie, P. 87, in Louise Walkers book "The Traditional AGA Book of Breads & Cakes"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and line the small roasting tin (or 13" x 11" baking tin) with bake-o-glide.
- 2Mix the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture.
- 5Add the juice and grated rind of one lemon.
- 6Sift the flour/baking powder mixture into the wet ingredients and fold in gently.
- 7Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and gently smooth the top.
- 8For the AGA - hang the tin on the bottom set of runners in the roasting oven and put the cold plain shelf in on the second set of runners from the top. Bake for 25 to 30 mins or until cooked.
- 9In a normal oven bake at the temperature and time you would normally use for a sponge cake. When I had a gas oven it was gas mark 6 for 20- 25 minutes. I've never had an electric oven, sorry.
- 10Leave in the tin for ten minutes after taking out of the oven. Then take out of the tin and leave to cook completely on a wire rack.
- 11For the icing - beat the butter until creamy then add the icing sugar a tablespoon at a time.
- 12When all the sugar is incorporated add the lemon rind and juice and beat well.
- 13Spread the icing over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Tray Bake
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 161.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g