Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great dish from my low fat cookbook.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- lemon slice (optional)
- dill sprigs (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package, omit the salt.
- Drain well.
- Place in medium bowl; sprinkle lemon juice over.
- Meanwhile, melt the margarine in small pan over medium heat.
- Add chives; cook till chives are soft.
- Combine milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into saucepan.
- Cook and stir till thick.
- Stir in dill, parsley, lemon peel and pepper.
- Pour milk mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with lemon and dill if desired.
- Serve immediately.
This made a great side dish for my baked chicken! The kids loved it, too! Keeper!!