- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu, cubed
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate tofu in the juice of the lemons while preparing the rest of the sauce.
- Add some zest to the juice as well.
- Be sure that all of the tofu absorbs some lemon juice.
- Combine tomatoes, oil, parsley, green onion, and basil; cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tofu and about half of the lemon juice to the tomatoes and onion with pepper; cook 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.