1/4 Photos of Lemon Tiramisu
This is my "summer Tiramisu" The original recipe uses one packet of sponge fingers, but I use more to get more coverage on this size of tin. I also added the lemon zest and find it is not too tart, you can leave it out of course if you are not sure about it. You don't have to make this in a spring form pan, if you like to scoop it out of a dish, use whatever suits you. I sometimes use trifle sponges or plain cake instead of the sponge fingers. Oh... the lemons are low fat and very healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 4 tablespoons brandy or 4 tablespoons white rum
- 4 ounces caster sugar, divided
- 1 (9 ounce) packet sponge cake fingers (or more)
- 2 (9 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese
- 4 -5 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 150 ml cream
- 1Mix together the lemon juice, brandy and 2 oz of the sugar in a shallow bowl.
- 2Set aside so the sugar has time to dissolve.
- 3Get ready a 9-inch spring form pan; line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 4In a very clean bowl, using clean beaters whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, start on a slow, gradually on a higher speed.
- 5Whip the cream also to a soft peak.
- 6Beat together the remaining sugar, mascarpone, lemon curd, egg yolks and the lemon zest.
- 7Then you fold the cream in the mascarpone mixture, followed by the egg whites using a metal spoon.
- 8Stir the lemon/brandy mix and dip the fingers in, line the bottom of the dish with them, sprinkle some extra liquid over the biscuits, you will usually have enough.
- 9Spoon half of the mascarpone mix over the biscuits, dip remaining fingers and arrange on the top, sprinkle again with brandy lemon juice if you have some left, followed by the rest of the mascarpone.
- 10Level the top using a palette knife, cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- 11To serve, if using, sprinkle the lemon/sugar mix over the top, remove from the tin (if necessary run a knife around the rim) place on a serving plate and cut in wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 71.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of