Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this Different take on an old classic. Yum! Comes from the Whole foods site.
Make and share this Lemon Tiramisu recipe from Food.com.
- *Variation: For an alcohol free Tiramisu, replace the lemon liqueur with the juice of 2 more lemons, a tsp of lemon oil and enough cold water to make up 1 cup of soaking liquid. Taste and add some sugar if needed to reduced sourness.
- In a large mixing bowl, with the use of a spatula, mix the cheese, sugar, pinch of salt and lemon zest together well. Taste cheese mix and add more sugar if needed according to taste. Set aside.
- Strain lemon juice and mix in a small bowl with the lemon liqueur and the water. To start assembling Tiramisu, dip the ladyfinger cookies (one by one) in the liqueur lemon juice mix briefly and then arrange the cookies in the bottom of the serving bowl.
- After covering the bottom, place the soaked cookies up the sides of the bowl, overlapping slightly if necessary to cover all around the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add all the cheese mix to the bowl and press slightly with spatula. Cover the top of the bowl with the remaining soaked cookies.
- Cover with wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours. Once firm, the Tiramisu may be turned over onto a plate to unmold or have the servings scooped from the bowl directly onto plates.