Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something that I literally threw together one night using some mixed recipe styles from "Live for Life", a healthy eating recipe book, and what I had on hand. My wife has asked me to make this literally every week since I have made this for her. It still has not grown old. I will try to relay the quantities the best as I remember...
- Season both sides of fillet with light layer of Garlic Powder and Lemon/Pepper Seasoning. Set aside.
- Put Oil in a large skillet and bring up heat to Med-Low.
- Add garlic clove and allow to simmer, slightly-browned. Move oil and garlic around pan for easy coating.
- Place fillets into skillet, adding cooking wine and lemon juice. Cover to steam.
- Cook for 7 minute or until fish flakes. Do not touch the fillets, do not flip over the fillets.
This recipe is so easy and very delicious. Simple ingredients that are available in most kitchens, a pan and a lid. Dinner was ready in no time. I served this with roasted vegetables and a tossed salad. I'll use this recipe again for tilapia. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Tasty, fast and easy way to prepare tilapia, and a great alternative to the breaded and fried or baked methods we usually have. Thanks for a keeper. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
This is a nice way to prepare tilapia. For some reason my family wasn't crazy about the lemon pepper, garlic and lemon juice combination. I do see that there are other rave reviews and I'm sure it's just a matter of personal taste buds. We liked but didn't love this. Thanks for sharing! Made for Fall PAC