1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This delicious stew needs lots of fresh bread alongside to mop up the juices. It can also be made with pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs stewing veal, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Sprinkle the veal with the salt and pepper.
- 2In a large shallow Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Brown the veal in batches.
- 4Remove to a plate and drain any fat in the pan.
- 5Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the onions, garlic, thyme and oregano over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the flour and stir to coat.
- 7Add the wine and chicken broth.
- 8Bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up any brown bits.
- 9Return the veal and any accumulated juices to the pan.
- 10Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 11Whisk the remaining flour with 2 tablespoons cold water and stir into the stew.
- 12Add the potatoes and squash.
- 13Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 14Add the green beans and simmer, covered, until thickened and the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 15Stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Thyme Veal Stew With Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 557.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g