Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats. It is on my menu for this week. I will update the description after I make it.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, zested and cut in wedges
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Heat two skillets, one over medium heat and the other over medium-high.
- To the hotter pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, then the onions, bell peppers, celery salt and pepper. Give the pan a shake.
- To the second skillet, add the remaining olive oil and the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the shrimp until they become pink and firm 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen corn and cannellini beans to the succotash in the first pan.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste and then add the thyme and lemon zest. Once the beans and corn have warmed through, turn off the heat.
- Add the parsley and the wine to the shrimp and toss for 1 minute.
- To serve, pile the succotash onto plates and top with the shrimp. Pass the lemon wedges at the table to squeeze over the shrimp.