Prep 7 mins
Cook 6 mins
From start to finish, these fillets are ready in less than 15 minutes. Other thin fish fillets are equally good.
- 1 lb rainbow trout fillet
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Divide fish into 4 equal pieces if necessary.
- In shallow bowl, combine flour, lemon rind, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dip fish into lemon juice; dredge in flour mixture, turning to coat.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook fish, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes or until flakes easily when tested with fork.
Made this the first time with Rainbow trout and it was perfect! I've made it a ton of times since then with all types of fish filets, including flounder. Thanks for an amazingly easy, but extremely delicious recipe! A winner for sure!
Made exactly as stated. What a lovely way to serve trout. None of the flavours overpowered the fish. It was all very subtle but worked so well. I served it with a Greek salad. Definite keeper. Made for Photo Tag
Delicious, fast, easy mid-week meal. Have made several times. I increase lemon juice and rind as we love citrus.