Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Serve this tangy tart warm out of the oven or at room temperature. Make using 1 single Basic Tart Crust Dough recipe from my recipe collection.
- 1 lb yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Blind bake crust in 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat broiler and move rack 4 inches from heat . Toss squash slices with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until just golden, about 7 minutes. You may need to turn the tray once for even cooking. Remove from oven and turn oven to 400 degrees F; return rack to center.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the goat cheese, lemon zest, thyme and heavy cream until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Spread cheese mixture into bottom of the tart shell in an even layer and arrange squash slices on top in concentric circles.
- Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove tart from pan base onto a serving platter. Garnish with thyme. Serve hot or at room temperature.