Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 14.79 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 118.29 ml toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, thyme, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until well blended; whisk in buttermilk, butter and lemon zest until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in raisins and pine nuts.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes or until tops are light golden brown and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.