Recipe by grandma2969
Another reason, if you need one, to grown herbs.. These are so delightful, with just a hint of lemon thyme
Top Review by J. Ko
These were lovely cookies! I admit to also playing with the recipe and added lemon zest to the dough and a lemon juice/icing sugar glaze, as did the previous reviewer. These cookies go very well with tea and will definitely be made on a regular basis. A definite keeper!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried lemon thyme leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each addition.
- Stir in the crumbled lemon thyme.
- Form into a ball, place in a zip lock type plastic bag and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 10 minutes. Watch closely.