Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be used on poultry, steamed veggies, etc.
Make and share this Lemon Thyme Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large lemon, zest of
- 4 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml butter, room temp
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 bunch scallion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh thyme leaves
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- Blend lemon zest and garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add butter, mustard, lemon juice, scallions, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper, and process.
- Can be made 2 days ahead; bring to room temp before using.
Absolutely great on the green beans that I made the other day, & I've also enjoyed it with broccoli & cauliflower as well as pasta!! This was definitely something out of the ordinary for us & I think I'll be keeping this recipe around! Many thanks! [Tagged & made in 1-2-3 Hits tag]
This was wonderful on cooked carrots. First time I've used a savory flavored butter. Didn't know what I was missing! I did scale this down to 1/4 cup. Will definitely make the whole recipe next time and freeze it as another reviewer did. Made for the winner of 1~2~3 Hits It's Not Easy Being Green ~ March 2010.
I love flavored butters and this one did not disappoint! It was delicious over a grilled New York strip steak! I halved the recipe and it made plenty. I froze the leftover butter for future use. I can't wait to try it on some asparagus! Thanks for sharing this.