Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
These are on my list to make for Christmas goodie trays. This recipe makes a lot of cookies!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry jam, plus
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add powdered and granulated sugars, beating well.
- Add eggs, oil, and lemon juice, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Press thumb in center of each cookie to make an indentation.
- Bake, in batches, at 350°F for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. (Do not brown).
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam in each indentation.