These Passover cookies are light and delicate with a nice subtle lemon flavor. They are a great change from the usual Passover sweets. The cookies spread a bit as they bake so do not place them too close together on the baking sheet. Also, for the best flavor, remove them from the oven just as the edges begin to turn a golden brown. This recipe came from the 'Let My People Eat' cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease baking sheet.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the egg and sugar with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on high.
- 3Add the potato starch, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and oil, beating on low speed until well blended.
- 4Drop small teaspoon amounts onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies at least 2 inches apart (the batter is thin and it will spread on the cookie sheet so leave enough space or you will have one gigantic cookie).
- 5Bake 7-10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- 6Remove the cookies from the oven and sprinkle with sugar.
- 7Immediately move cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- 8Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Thins
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g