Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this one from my ex-husband. It was the one good thing he could cook and I loved it. I think he may have gotten it from a newspaper clipping. I like to serve the chicken over rice. It's great and I never have leftovers.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken, in a skillet.
- Cook on high for 3-4 minutes on the stove.
- Add the chicken.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
We really liked this. I added some carrots, zucchinni, and pineapple chunks to round out the meal. It is a bit lemony, but I like lemon and the ginger was a nice addition. I will make this again. It's a nice quick chicken dish.
We actually liked the lemon flavor, but the teriyaki sauce ended up a bit thin. Still, pretty tasty.
The lemon was just too much. None of us cared for it. Sorry.