Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy and tasty way to make teriyaki chicken. The lemon gives the chicken a nice kick to the taste. Enjoy
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (To me, the flavor is a little too strong, so I add somewhere between a 1/4 and 1/2 cup- just my pref)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 chicken thighs
- In skillet, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Cook over medium heat 3- 4 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cover the chicken for the first 15 minutes and then take the lid off, flip the chicken over and continue to cook for another 15 minutes or so uncovered.
- The liquid will start to thicken and develop a nice glaze on the chicken.
- I think its done with the glaze has thickened and the chicken gets a cripsy brown on the edges.
Excellent recipe - the chicken was tender and flavour-full. I added a touch of honey in the last few minutes and it made it even more aromatic.
I have made this recipe many times. Don't remember where I got it, but it is just about identical. I add 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper and I use chicken breasts (boneless). I love it reduced to a thick and syrupy sauce. I try to make a lot and use the leftovers chopped on my salads. I think this has to be one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. Not my husbands, but he always eats a lot of it..lol.
I didn't pay too close attention to it while it was cooking so everything started to burn (but that's because of my own stupidity..) but the flavor of what was still edible was great!