Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
An Everyday with Rachel Ray recipe.
- 4 ounces butter, softened (1 stick)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (11 ounce) jarprepared lemon curd
- confectioners' sugar
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the vanilla, egg yolk, and salt. Mix until blended.
- Mix in flour at low speed until incorporated.
- Halve the dough and pat into two squares. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. Remove the parchment from on cookie sheet and dust with flour. Roll one dough square into 17"x11" rectangle about 1/8" thick. Transfer the parchment and pan to the refrigerator while you repeat with dough.
- Using a fluted pastry wheel, trim all sides of the chilled dough to even it out. Cut the dough into 15 squares. Separate the squares on the pan. Repeat with other pan.
- Bake until lightly brown on the edges, 11 to 12 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool.
- Sandwich the cookies with the lemon curd; dust with confectioner's sugar.