Recipe by PAUL P.
The perfect cookies for a lazy summer day or a cold winter day when you wish it was summer...
Top Review by liquidnight_13
What a great cookie! A great recipe to help use up leftover homemade lemon curd! The cookie dough is not too sweet so it does not distract from the lemon curd filling. I added a TBSP of curd to the dough while mixing for a fresh lemon scent & flavor in the cookie itself.. a perfect cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in flour until dough forms. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350°F Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press thumb into center of each ball to make indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Fill cookies with lemon curd. Sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies.