from taste of home, these lovely cookies are rich and buttery and have a lovely lemon filling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- 3Gradually add flour.
- 4Shape into two 14 inch rolls; reshape each roll into a 14 inch x 1 1/8 inch x 1 1/8 inch block.
- 5Wrap each in plastic wrap.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 8Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 9Sprinkle half of the cookies with nuts, gently pressing into dough.
- 10Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- 11Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 12In a small mixing bowl, cream butter, lemon juice and orange peel.
- 13Gradually add confectioners' sugar.
- 14Tint yellow if desired.
- 15Spread about 1 t.
- 16on bottom of the plain cookies; place nut topped cookies over filling.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Tea Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g