Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from taste of home, these lovely cookies are rich and buttery and have a lovely lemon filling
Make and share this Lemon Tea Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour.
- Shape into two 14 inch rolls; reshape each roll into a 14 inch x 1 1/8 inch x 1 1/8 inch block.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle half of the cookies with nuts, gently pressing into dough.
- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter, lemon juice and orange peel.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar.
- Tint yellow if desired.
- Spread about 1 t.
- on bottom of the plain cookies; place nut topped cookies over filling.