1/22 Photos of Lemon Tea Cookies
2 hrs 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Lavender Lynn's Note:
I love tart lemon desserts. This is a recipe I found on Betty Crocker that looks very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1In large bowl, Beat butter, 1/3 C powdered sugar, and vanilla with mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 2Stir in flour until dough forms.
- 3Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes
- 4Heat oven to 350°F Shape dough into 1" balls.
- 5Place balls 2" apart. Press thumb into center of each ball to make indentation.
- 6Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Remove to cooling racks and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 8In 1 qt saucepan, heat all filling ingredients over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- 9Cool about 15 minutes.
- 10Fill each thumbprint with rounded 1/4 tsp filling. Sprinkle 1 T powdered sugar over cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Tea Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (741 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1099.1
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.5 g
- Saturated Fat 41.9 g
- Cholesterol 234.8 mg
- Sodium 794.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 60.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g