Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother once won a contest with the bread recipe. It is very good.
Make and share this Lemon Tea Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and 2 cups of sugar with lemon rind.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with milk.
- Squeeze about 1 TBSP of juice from the lemon into batter for better flavor.
- Bake in greased loaf pans in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar and juice from the remaining lemons.
- Pour over bread while hot, then cool completely on a wire rack.