Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wonderful lemon flavored bread. Easy to make.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, mix with
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Cream butter and sugar together; add eggs, milk and lemon rind.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to butter mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Glaze-Once sugar is dissolved, pour over hot bread and allow bread to cool before serving.
OMG!!! I made 2 loaves of this 4 weeks ago. I have been searching for this recipe so I could make some more. This is the recipe to end anyone's search. I bake all the time for breakfast on the go for my family; and my daughter hid one loaf in the freezer so we could have some beyond the weekend I baked it! Thank you for such a fabulous bread recipe.
Made two breads this weekend and they were a hit! Thanks for a great recipe!
The lemon glaze is what makes this lemon bread that extra bit more special. This recipe has become a family favorite, and is well received when gifted. Definitely a keeper!