Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love to have ready-made tassies in the freezer. If unexpected company drops by, these are great to have on hand. The Tart Pastry is excellent.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- cream cheese pastry (this recipe is in my cookbook)
- Make pastry and fit it into 24 miniature muffin pans.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For filling: Combine sugar and butter well and beat in egg, corn syrup, lemon juice and rind.
- Divide filling among shells and bake tassies for 20 minutes.
- Let tassies cool for 5 minutes and remove carefully from muffin cups using tip of a sharp knife to ease them out.
- Let cool completely.
I used my own pastry for this recipe, the lemon filling was good but for my tastes I would have preferred it a little sweeter, thanks Ev!...Kitten