- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- cream cheese pastry (this recipe is in my cookbook)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make pastry and fit it into 24 miniature muffin pans.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For filling: Combine sugar and butter well and beat in egg, corn syrup, lemon juice and rind.
- Divide filling among shells and bake tassies for 20 minutes.
- Let tassies cool for 5 minutes and remove carefully from muffin cups using tip of a sharp knife to ease them out.
- Let cool completely.