Recipe by Pets'R'us
Lemony and delicate. For a variation add poppy seeds to the filling. Chilling time for the dough is not included.
Top Review by alligirl
These turned out very well, tho I need to get better at dividing dough up! LOL I did get 24, and there was a smidge of the lemon mixture left. There is no temperature to bake at, that I could find, so I suck with the old standard of 350. Mine took about 28 minutes, as I didn't want them too dark. The crust is tender, and the filling tangy, just as I expected. Made to honor Anneleis (Pets'R'Us).
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together cream cheese and butter. Stir in flour, form into a ball and chill at least one hour.
- Divide into 24 balls, place in ungreased miniature muffin tins and press dough against bottom and up the sides.
- Combine filling ingredients and mix well, divide among tart shells.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool them for several minutes and gently remove them from the tins.