Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Lemony and delicate. For a variation add poppy seeds to the filling. Chilling time for the dough is not included.
- Blend together cream cheese and butter. Stir in flour, form into a ball and chill at least one hour.
- Divide into 24 balls, place in ungreased miniature muffin tins and press dough against bottom and up the sides.
- Combine filling ingredients and mix well, divide among tart shells.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool them for several minutes and gently remove them from the tins.
These turned out very well, tho I need to get better at dividing dough up! LOL I did get 24, and there was a smidge of the lemon mixture left. There is no temperature to bake at, that I could find, so I suck with the old standard of 350. Mine took about 28 minutes, as I didn't want them too dark. The crust is tender, and the filling tangy, just as I expected. Made to honor Anneleis (Pets'R'Us).
Took these lovely little morsels to a meeting where they devoured quickly. As we have a lemon tree I am always on the lookout for recipes using lemons. This will be a "keeper" for me. :)
I made these tasty little treats for Pick A Chef, Spring 2009. I'm so glad I chose these. I love the taste of lemon, and these are wonderfully lemony. The crust has a nice buttery flavor and they are the perfect little bites for something sweet.