Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 100 g cold salted butter
- 5 -6 tablespoons chilled water
- 1⁄2 can condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 4 -5 drops yellow food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 8 -9 glace cherries
- Beat condensed milk, juice, colour together.
- Add rind, mix well.
- Chill till required.
- Beat cream till stiff, add sugar, mix.
- Put in a large star nozzled piping bag.
- Refrigerate till required.
- Wash glazed cherries, drain.
- Chop into 4 lengthwise, and keep aside.
- Cut butter into flour with a cold knife.
- With finger lightly mix to get a bread crumbs like mixture.
- Sprinkle chilled water.
- Use a knife or fork, and form a ball of dough.
- Do not handle too much, roll into thick round on a cold (marble or stone) surface.
- Grease small tart moulds, cut rounds of pastry, place in moulds.
- Press down lightly, prick gently with a fork here and there.
- Bake blind in preheated oven at 180C degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove, cool, and carefully take shells out of moulds.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Fill each with filling, pipe a swirl of cream, decorate with chopped cherries.
- Serve cold, with vanilla icecream if desired.
Excellent recipe. The only things I can think of to improve it are putting more juice and zest in the filling and making the crust flaky. Aside from that, it's perfect!
Lots of work to this recipe but well worth it. Wish i could rate it higher. Surprised no one else has tried it. Thanks for posting.