Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mums lemon curd recipe, tried it in tartlets one day. yummy.
- 170 g sugar
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 2 large grated lemons, juice and rind of
- 3 eggs
- icing sugar (to dust)
- pastry shells
- Use ready made short pastry for this recipe.
- Place sugar,butter,rind and strained lemon juice into a saucepan cook slowly until sugar and butter is melted.
- Add the beaten eggs and cook until mixture is thick.
- Keep covered in fridge or put into clean jars with tight fitting lid.
- Cut out tartlets slightly larger than your tartlet tin.
- Bake blind for approx.
- 10 minutes at 175C degrees.
- Fill with lemon curd and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.