Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
A very impressive and tasty little tart. Much easier than it looks!
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar icing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 60 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 -2 teaspoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- whipped cream, to decorate
- candied lemon peel, rind to decorate
- Lightly grease a 24 cup or 2x 12 cup cupcake tray (patty cakes size not muffin size).
- Make a pastry by processing the flour, icing sugar, ground almonds, and butter in a food processer until well combined.
- Add the egg yolk and water and process until ingredients come together.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Cover dough and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until pastry is 3mm thick.
- Cut into 24 rounds using a 6cm cutter.
- Place pastry into prepared holes.
- Combine the rind, juice, eggs, sugar and cream in a bowl or large jug and mix well.
- Pour a little filling into each pastry shell, using all of the filling.
- Bake in a pre-heated 180 degee C oven for about 20 minutes or until the filling is set and pastry lightly browned.
- Serve decorated with a small dollop of whipped cream and a sliver of candied or fresh lemon zest if desired.