Recipe by Cat R.
From Somerfield Magazine. Mango and chocolate is a stylish, tropical addition to the lemon cream tart. Cook time does not include chill time - required for pastry making, allowing pastry case to cool, allowing lemon filling to cool. This time can be cut down by using a readymade pastry case.
- 225 g plain flour
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 -4 lemons, juice and zest of
- 150 g caster sugar
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 50 g dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pastry: Mix by hand or food processor the flour and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg and water. Mux until it forms a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minute
- Roll pasty into a circle, about 3mm thick and line 25 cm flan tin. Chill for a further 10 minute.
- Preheat oven to 200C and bake pastry case blind for 10 minute Remove paper etc, cook for further 15 minutes. Cool. (Or use a readymade 25cm pastry case.).
- Reduce oven heat to 140°C.
- Whisk eggs, sugar lemon juice and zest for a few seconds. Whisk in cream.
- Pour lemon mixture into case and bake for 45-55 minuest until just set. Cool.
- Arrange sliced mango over the tart, melt chocolate and drizzle it over the mango.