2 hrs 30 mins
The lemon custard is best if made and refrigderated for 24 hours so that the tart lemon flavor can mellow
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 egg yolks, room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar (180 g total)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (35 to 40 g)
- 3/4 cup pinot grigio wine or 3/4 cup pomino bianco wine or 3/4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 4 -5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 egg white, room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 9 inch paritally baked sweet tart crust (recipe 71610)
- 1Whisk the egg yolks, 2/3 c sugar, and the flour until smooth.
- 2Heat the wine and 3 T sugar in a 2 quart noncorrodible saucepan to a boil; stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- 3Whisk 3 T of the hot wine mixture, 1 T at a time, into the egg yolk mixture.
- 4Then gradually stir the egg yolk mixture into the remaining wine mixture with a wooden spoon.
- 5Heat over low heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY, until bubbly.
- 6If the mixture looks lumpy, whisk it vigorously to smooth it.
- 7Cook unil it is as thick as cooked cereal, about 2 minutes.
- 8Let cool to room temp and refridgerate.
- 9Beat the egg white in a mixer bowl until soft peaks are formed.
- 10Beat, gradually adding 1/4 c sugar, until peaks are stiff and shiny; do not overbeat.
- 11Spoon the lemon filling into the tart shell and smooth the top.
- 12Spoon the meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe a ring of rosettes around the edge Heat the oven to 350F.
- 13Bake until the meringue colors slightly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 14Cool to room temp on a rack.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Tart (Torta di Limone)
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 10.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
sweet tart crust