Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delightful treat any time of the year.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- With butter grease 8 inch tart pan with a removable bottom or lightly spray with Pam. Set aside.
- FOR CRUST: Combine flour and sugar in food processor. Add the cut up butter and pulse until the pastry starts to come together and form clumps.
- Place the pastry in the prepared tart pan and, evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- To prevent the pastry crust from puffing up while it bakes, pierce crust all over with the tines of a fork.
- To prevent the crust from shrinking when it bakes, put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place rack in center of oven.
- When the pastry has chilled, place the tart pan on a larger baking pan and bake until crust is golden brown, about 13 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and place tart pan on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- FOR FILLING: In a food processor or electric mixer place the cream cheese and process until smooth. Add sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and process until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until well blended and smooth.
- Pour filling into pre-baked tart shell and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Transfer tart to wire rack to cool and then cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- TOPPING: Put mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with star tip (#4B), and pipe stars over the entire surface of the tart.
- Refrigerate until serving time.