Recipe by gertc96
I found this recipe in the Cooking Light Summer issue. It was wonderful. My DH, who isn't a big pork eater, even like them. Hope you enjoy. I just had to share with my recipezaar family. Preparation time includes marinating.
Top Review by lauralie41
These are very good pork chops that have a nice lemon flavor with a hint of licorice. I put the water, sugar, and kosher salt in a zipper bag and shook vigorously. Added the remaining ingredients and marinated for about 3 1/2 hours. Forgot to tell DH to add the pepper before grilling but didnt miss it. Will make these again! Made and reviewed for the Game Forum's - Please Review My Recipe Game.
- 4 center-cut pork chops (bone in 1/2 in. thick)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, sugar, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour water mixture into a large zip-lock plastice bag. Add the tarragon, lemon rind and juice. Add the pork chops to bag and marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare the grill about 20 minutes before taking pork out of refrigerator.
- Spray grill with non-stick olive oil cooking spray.
- Remove pork chops from bag and discard the remaining marinade. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- Place pork on grill and grill for 3 minutes on each side until desired degree of doneness.