Prep 4 hrs
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe in the Cooking Light Summer issue. It was wonderful. My DH, who isn't a big pork eater, even like them. Hope you enjoy. I just had to share with my recipezaar family. Preparation time includes marinating.
- Combine water, sugar, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour water mixture into a large zip-lock plastice bag. Add the tarragon, lemon rind and juice. Add the pork chops to bag and marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare the grill about 20 minutes before taking pork out of refrigerator.
- Spray grill with non-stick olive oil cooking spray.
- Remove pork chops from bag and discard the remaining marinade. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- Place pork on grill and grill for 3 minutes on each side until desired degree of doneness.
These are very good pork chops that have a nice lemon flavor with a hint of licorice. I put the water, sugar, and kosher salt in a zipper bag and shook vigorously. Added the remaining ingredients and marinated for about 3 1/2 hours. Forgot to tell DH to add the pepper before grilling but didnt miss it. Will make these again! Made and reviewed for the Game Forum's - Please Review My Recipe Game.
We love this recipe, too! And make it frequently. The pork always comes out moist and savory.
This was wonderful! My husband was quite uncertain because I never grill pork chops, always make them the same old way in the electric fry pan (which is delicious but is definitely a "winter recipe"). This marinade made the pork so moist & delicious! I did marinade it longer (6 or 7 hours) because I did it in the morning before I got started with my day - and it worked just fine! I will include this in my regular summer recipe collection! thanks!