Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
This delicious recipe comes from Southern Living, June 2007.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1 1/2 tsp dried, crushed tarragon)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, cut in half (optional)
- halved lemon slice
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cool pecans on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in pecans, chicken, celery, and onion just until blended.
- Stir in grape halves, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
This was so easy to put together. The toasted pecans and the grapes added a nice crunchiness and sweetness to the salad. I had it for dinner one evening, then the next day took it to work stuffed in a pita. I think it was better the next day after all the flavors had time to blend. I will be making this again.