Recipe by Bev
This delicious recipe comes from Southern Living, June 2007.
Top Review by Kellie in SLO
This was so easy to put together. The toasted pecans and the grapes added a nice crunchiness and sweetness to the salad. I had it for dinner one evening, then the next day took it to work stuffed in a pita. I think it was better the next day after all the flavors had time to blend. I will be making this again.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1 1/2 tsp dried, crushed tarragon)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, cut in half (optional)
- halved lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cool pecans on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in pecans, chicken, celery, and onion just until blended.
- Stir in grape halves, if desired. Garnish, if desired.