Recipe by MamaJ
This is my favorite chicken salad. It is quick to prepare and although it contains mayonnaise it has a light, refreshing flavor. I am always asked for the recipe when I serve it. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pan of water to boil.
- Add breasts, reduce heat to med/low, cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked through (about 12 minutes).
- Mix celery, mayonnaise, onion, tarragon (start with 1 T. and increase as taste dictates), lemon juice, and zest.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and add to mayonnaise mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.