This is my favorite chicken salad. It is quick to prepare and although it contains mayonnaise it has a light, refreshing flavor. I am always asked for the recipe when I serve it. Enjoy!
- Bring a large pan of water to boil.
- Add breasts, reduce heat to med/low, cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked through (about 12 minutes).
- Mix celery, mayonnaise, onion, tarragon (start with 1 T. and increase as taste dictates), lemon juice, and zest.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and add to mayonnaise mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.