Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite chicken salad. It is quick to prepare and although it contains mayonnaise it has a light, refreshing flavor. I am always asked for the recipe when I serve it. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Bring a large pan of water to boil.
- Add breasts, reduce heat to med/low, cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked through (about 12 minutes).
- Mix celery, mayonnaise, onion, tarragon (start with 1 T. and increase as taste dictates), lemon juice, and zest.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and add to mayonnaise mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
So yummy and refreshing! I had fresh tarragon that I had to use up so I thought I'd try this. Definitely a repeater!
Enjoyed the fresh lemon juice/zest. I only had dried tarragon on hand but I am sure it would be even that much tastier with the fresh. Thanks Mama! Roxygirl
lovely recipe, thank you! i used japanese mayo as that's what we have, and i used less than a quarter cup (making for 2), 30grams. i also added a bit of pumpkin seeds and pine nuts which went really well with the whole thing. served over salad leaves, it was dellicious!