Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This is a lemon flavored tapioca with the added crunch of crushed lemon drop candies. A refreshing summer dessert.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Very nice summer desert. Light with the fresh tang of lemon. I made this exactly as directed with the minor exception of adding a whipped topping at the end before topping with addtional crushed candies. I was very pleasantly surprised at the way the candies in the desert melted into it. This was a big hit with the DGSs after a day at the pool. Thanks Pam a very nice desert.
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup lemon drop candy, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, tapioca and sugar; let stand 5 minutes. Cook over medium heat just until mixture boils, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 20 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Stir in yogurt and nutmeg.
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice cubes. Place saucepan into the bowl to allow the pudding to cool slightly, but not totally thicken.
- When it has cooled, spoon the mixture into parfait glasses, half way. Then spoon 2 teaspoons of chrushed candies -- then top off with remaining pudding.
- Makes 4 (1/2 cup) servings.
- Refridgerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, garnish each parfait with reserved crushed candies.