Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a lemon flavored tapioca with the added crunch of crushed lemon drop candies. A refreshing summer dessert.
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup lemon drop candy, crushed
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, tapioca and sugar; let stand 5 minutes. Cook over medium heat just until mixture boils, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 20 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Stir in yogurt and nutmeg.
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice cubes. Place saucepan into the bowl to allow the pudding to cool slightly, but not totally thicken.
- When it has cooled, spoon the mixture into parfait glasses, half way. Then spoon 2 teaspoons of chrushed candies -- then top off with remaining pudding.
- Makes 4 (1/2 cup) servings.
- Refridgerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, garnish each parfait with reserved crushed candies.
Very nice summer desert. Light with the fresh tang of lemon. I made this exactly as directed with the minor exception of adding a whipped topping at the end before topping with addtional crushed candies. I was very pleasantly surprised at the way the candies in the desert melted into it. This was a big hit with the DGSs after a day at the pool. Thanks Pam a very nice desert.
Really loved this recipe. I didn't believe there would be enough lemon flavor after tasting the tapioca by itself, but add the lemon drops and ohhhhh my goodness this is just super!!! Thank you so much for the great recipe.