Recipe by Palmen
A frozen treat for those of us that don't like a lot of sugar.
Top Review by PianoCook
Sinfully scrumptious without tons of sugar!!! This was heavenly. I was afraid it might be too milky tasting for me, but the subtle additions all changed that. I think the tang of lemon with the zest was just perfect. Also, I used crushed strawberries on the bottom, and a little bit of extra strawberry juice on top, and then stirred it right before eating, and got a lovely mix of swirled strawberry and lemon. The only thing I would say is that it made lots more than 2-3 servings for me, so be aware, but you won't be sorry for the extra leftovers. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring '09.
- 4 cups lemon yogurt (Gaymount works best)
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup berries, of your choice (my husband prefers blueberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend yogart and soymilk at high speed until it comes together. Pour it into a freezer safe dish covered and freeze until hard.
- Scoop frozen yogart mix into the blender with heavy cream and honey and blend on high until smooth and combined.
- Put berries or fruit at the bottom of 2 large martini glasses. Pour frozen yogart mix on top of the berries and sprinkle with lemon zest. Top off the yogart with a few berries on top.