Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
lemon syrup cake
- 6 ounces Victoria sponge cake
- 1 jar lemon curd or 1 jar home made lemon curd
- golden syrup
- make your sponge cake as normal (can post that recipe if necessary).
- Lay half the sponge mixture in the prepared pan.
- spoon the lemon curd over and cover with the rest of the sponge mixture.
- Bake as normal.
- While cooling and still warm, make some holes in the cake and drip the golden syrup in, this will soak into the cake.
- Can be eaten warm now as a pudding with cream, yoghurt etc or wrap up well in greasproof paper and eat for tea the next day.