1/2 Photos of Lemon Syrup Banana Bread
1 hr 20 mins
A special favourite. The secret to making this bread special is in the second step. Make sure you beat the eggs, sugar and melted butter until really thick and creamy... And also use really ripe bananas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter gently. Do not have the melted butter too hot as it will cook the eggs when added to them.
- 2Add to sugar and eggs and beat well until thick and fluffy.
- 3Add banana and grated rind of the lemon and beat thoroughly.
- 4Sift flours, salt and bicarbonate soda together.
- 5Add to creamed mixture.
- 6Spread evenly in greased and floured loaf tin.
- 7Bake in a moderately slow oven at 150 degrees centigrade for 50 - 60 minutes
- 8When loaf is ready, take out of oven and leave in the tin.
- 9Stir 1/4 cup sugar extra together with juice of the lemon and extra rind if desired in a small saucepan until sugar is melted. This step can be done in a microwave.
- 10Pour syrup over warm loaf in its tin when just out of the oven. Make sure syrup glazes top surface and drizzles down the sides.
- 11Leave to cool and for the syrup to be absorbed.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Syrup Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 69.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g