Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love watching reality cooking shows and one of my favourites is a British show called "Come Dine With Me". So many times they have made this dessert called syllabub and I've always wanted to know how. Please note that there is a healthy option listed as the last step. This recipe is from a British cooking magazine. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest and juice of
- crisp cookies or berries, to serve
- Whip the cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Stir in the wine, most of the lemon zest and the juice.
- Spoon into glasses or bowls, sprinkle with the remaining zest and serve with cookies on the side or berries on top.
- Drop some calories - try using half 0% fat Greek yogurt, half cream for a healthier dessert.