Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this recipe. It is a delightful pudding for the end of a lasrge meal. We usually have it on boxing day as another option to Christmas Pud. The prep time includes the 30 min. chill time.
- 284 ml double cream
- 2 medium egg whites
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, zest of, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated fresh lemon rind (to garnish)
- dessert biscuit, to serve
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whip until it just holds its shape.
- Place the egg whites into a separate bowl and whisk them (I use an electric hand whisk) until stiff.
- Add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time, whisking well between additions until the mixture is smooth and glossy but still stiff.
- Gently fold the finely grated lemon rind into the whipped cream, along with the lemon juice and egg whites until everythiong is well mixed.
- Spoon into 4 serving glasses and chill.
- for 30 minutes Garnish with lemon rind and serve with dessert biscuits.
Excellent make ahead dessert. The taste is so refreshingly lemony, that it tastes a lot lighter than it actually is. I have filed it away under Dinner parties, since it so impressive and so easy to put together early in the day. I have made it exactly as is. You do have to be careful to ensure that all of the sugar dissolves into the egg whites properly. Other than that, it is very simple to put together. We served with strawberries instead of biscuits( cookies) and that complemented the taste very well.