Recipe by AllergyGirl
Passed onto me by a sorority sister who was vegetarian. It's a great, classy summer BBQ item, and it's got a fabulous sweet and tangy flavor. Goes great with a rice pilaf and white wine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish steaks, at least 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons, cut into 1/8ths
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from swordfish and cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together lemonade concentrate, garlic, vinegar, clam juice, lemon pepper, and parsley; set aside. Alternate fish and tomatoes on soaked skewers. Secure both ends with a wedge of lemon.
- Place skewers in a large resealable bag. Pour in marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove skewers from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking, to bring to room temperature.
- Light grill and preheat to medium-high. Brush and oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- Remove skewers from marinade and place on preheated, oiled grill. Discard marinade.
- Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side (about 12 to 16 minutes total). Serve hot.