Recipe by loveleesmile
This was my first attempt at making a cheesecake. The result was very yummy and the cake looks beautiful. Very light and fluffy and the lemon flavoring is intense! From Cooking Light.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- cooking spray
- 3 (8 ounce) blocks fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon curd
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare the crust, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place 2/3 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until combined. Add chilled butter; pulse 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly pour ice water through food chute, processing just until blended (do not allow dough to form a ball). Firmly press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- To prepare the filling, beat cheeses at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add 1 3/4 cups sugar and the next 4 ingredients (1 3/4 cups sugar through salt); beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the cheese mixture into prepared pan. Spoon mounds of Lemon Curd over filling, and swirl together using the tip of a knife. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven, and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.