Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This looks like a nice recipe to try for the holiday season. I have not made this yet.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd
- 1 (10 ounce) package gingerbread mix
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg with electric mixture until smooth.
- Fold in lemon curd.
- In a separate bowl, prepare gingerbread according to package directions.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan; add half of the gingerbread batter.
- Place spoonfuls of lemon mixture over the batter, then pour remaining gingerbread batter over lemon mixture.
- Swirl a knife through the batter to marble, bringing some lemon mixture to the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cakes tests as done.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over cake before serving.
This is super yummy! I made my own ginger bread (Joy of Cooking) and the lemon went very well. I did not add the extra sugar to the lemon mix.