Recipe by internetnut
Serve this casserole with Roasted chicken and fresh steamed green beans. I found this recipe at Tops market. Courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 6 cups shredded and peeled yams (about 3 med)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 serving instant lemon pudding
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine shredded yams, margarine, sugar, milk, eggs, cinnamon and pudding mix in a 2-quart oblong casserole dish.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for one hour. Remove foil and continue cooking 20-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Tip: A quick method to shred yams is in the food processor. All the ingredients are combined together, to make this lemon lover's outstanding dish; it's almost like a pudding.