Montana Heart Song's Note:
Basic recipe for popovers except the oven is cold when the baking starts, you don't open the oven and you don't beat the mix--gently stir. High rising with soft insides and crisp outside. Lemon & sugar are added to batter. Serve with lemon sugar butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margarine in microwave medium bowl.
- 2Add eggs.
- 3Add milk. Whisk all together.
- 4Add flour, salt, lemon juice and sugar or Splenda.
- 5Gently stir with a spoon until mixed. There will be small lumps.
- 6Spray each muffin cup with Pam.
- 7Fill each muffin cup 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- 8Put in oven.
- 9Turn on oven to 450°F.
- 10Note: If you use Splenda individual packets you will have 8 to 10, if you use powdered sugar you will have more batter, 12 or more.
- 11Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The popovers should be between light brown and dark brown. Will be soft and fluffy inside, with a nice small & large holes to add lemon sugar butter inside.
- 12Note: If you use Splenda packets you will have less batter, 8 to 10. If you use powdered sugar you will have more batter, 12 or more.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Sweet No Peek, No Beat Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 245.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g