Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Basic recipe for popovers except the oven is cold when the baking starts, you don't open the oven and you don't beat the mix--gently stir. High rising with soft insides and crisp outside. Lemon & sugar are added to batter. Serve with lemon sugar butter.
- Melt margarine in microwave medium bowl.
- Add eggs.
- Add milk. Whisk all together.
- Add flour, salt, lemon juice and sugar or Splenda.
- Gently stir with a spoon until mixed. There will be small lumps.
- Spray each muffin cup with Pam.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Put in oven.
- Turn on oven to 450°F.
- Note: If you use Splenda individual packets you will have 8 to 10, if you use powdered sugar you will have more batter, 12 or more.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The popovers should be between light brown and dark brown. Will be soft and fluffy inside, with a nice small & large holes to add lemon sugar butter inside.
- Note: If you use Splenda packets you will have less batter, 8 to 10. If you use powdered sugar you will have more batter, 12 or more.